As part of our operations, Tensor Ghana (or “the Company”) collects and processes certain types of information (such as name, telephone numbers, address etc.) of individuals that makes them easily identifiable. These individuals include current, past and prospective employees, vendors, customers/clients and their representatives, next-of-kin and other individuals whom Tensor Ghana communicate or deals with, jointly and/or severally (“Data Subjects”).
Tensor Ghana is firmly committed to complying with applicable data protection laws, regulations, rules and principles to ensure security of Personal Data handled by the Company. This Policy describes the standards that must be adhered to regarding the collection, storage, use and disclosure of Personal Data and indicates that Tensor Ghana dedicated to processing the Personal Data it receives or processes with absolute confidentiality and security.
This Policy applies to all forms of systems, operations and processes within the Tensor Ghana environment that involve the collection, storage, use, transmission and disposal of personal data.
SCOPE AND GENERAL PRINCIPLES FOR PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
When we collect, store, process and share your information, we will be guided by the law to protect your personal information. These are the principles that guide our service:
- Lawfulness, fairness, and transparency: We only process personal information in a way that the law permits. We are always open about how we collect, store, process and share your personal information.
- Purpose limitation: we only process personal information for the specific reasons for which we collected it or for the reasons we tell you about before we collect your personal information.
- Data minimization: we do not process more information than we need. We only process as much of your personal information to help us serve you.
- Accuracy: we make sure that any personal information we hold about you is adequate and accurate. Where there are changes in your personal information, we urge you to contact us to change it.
- Storage limitation: we do not store your personal information for longer than we need or the law permits.
- Integrity and confidentiality: we process your personal information securely.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
Tensor Ghana considers Personal Data as confidential and as such must be adequately protected from unauthorized use and/or disclosure. We will ensure that the Data Subjects are provided with adequate information regarding the use of their Personal Data as well as acquire their respective Consent, where necessary.
We will only collect and use your Personal data if we have obtained your prior consent or have a lawful and legitimate interest to do so. You are at liberty to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the company. The following are data collected and processed by Tensor Ghana:
- Communication data (e.g. name, telephone, e-mail, address, IP address);
- Key contract data (contractual relationship, product or contractual interest);
- Customer history;
- Contract billing and payments data;
- Planning and control data;
- Movement data;
- Disclosed information (from third parties);
- Employee and prospective employee data collected for recruitment and onboarding purpose;
PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process your personal information, when necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested, or where we have obtained your prior consent, or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
We will not request for or process more of your personal information than we need. However, if you do not provide us with your personal information, we cannot provide you with the services you have requested, or you may be limited in your use of our services.
We may process your personal information to:
- provide and tailor our products, content or services to your needs based on the requests you make, questions you ask and feedback you provide by filling contact forms or sending us email on tensorghana.com;
- provide with additional information that may be of interest, such as news and announcements;
- provide you with marketing communication for products and services from us and our affiliates, including personalised offers and content based on your interactions with us and usage of various services;
- generate aggregated datasets which do not reveal your personal information. We may use these datasets to create models, generate reports or to analyse other trends;
- administer surveys or understand how you use our products, content and services, for analytics and product development purposes, developing new products and services;
- manage our everyday business needs, such as for client reporting, website administration, and compliance with law;
- communicate with you when you contact our customer service centres for any technical support by recording your calls for quality and training purposes; and
- enable you opt in or out of marketing and other activities.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Third Party Processor within Ghana
Tensor Ghana may engage the services of third parties in order to process the Personal Data of Data Subjects collected by the Company. The processing by such third parties shall be governed by a written contract with Tensor Ghana to ensure adequate protection and security measures are put in place by the third party for the protection of Personal Data in accordance with the terms of this Policy and the Data Protection Act.
Transfer of Personal Data to Foreign Country
Where Personal Data is to be transferred to a country outside Ghana, Tensor Ghana shall put adequate measures in place to ensure the security of such Personal Data. In particular, Tensor Ghana shall, among other things, conduct a detailed assessment of whether the said country has adequate data protection laws.
Transfer of Personal Data out of Ghana would be in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
We work hard to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of the information we hold. We restrict access to your personal information to our employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We will retain your information for as long as you use our services and for any additional period that we may be required or permitted by law.
We would like to make you fully aware of all your personal information protection rights. Unless the law provides otherwise, you have:
- the right of access – you have the right to request from us copies of any personal information that we hold on you. We may charge a fee for this service.
- the right to rectification – you have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- the right to erasure – you have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
- the right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that we restrict how we process your personal information. You may use our privacy control methods below or contact us to do so.
- the right to object – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- the right to data portability – you have the right to request that we transfer the personal information we have collected from you to another organisation, or directly to you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the information provided under the section titled “Contact Us”.
You can limit how we use your personal information.
You can limit the communication that we send to you. To opt out of marketing emails, simply click the link labelled “unsubscribe” in the email we send you.
In addition to these choices, we respect the rights you have under any applicable privacy laws. If you have any questions about your choices or if you need any assistance with opting out, please see the “Contact Us” section below.
3RD PARTY WEBSITES
Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on: 233 54 886 0499
Address: 414 New Town Road, Kokomlemle, Accra-Ghana
Cookies: A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can configure your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
Data collection technologies: These are technological methods used in collecting information such as crash reports, system activity, and the date, time, and referrer URL of your request, complaint or feedback. They may include cookies, flash cookies, device information, server logs and other technologies, pixel tags and web beacons.
IP address: Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
Metadata: A set of data that describes and gives information about other data.